Fingerjig is a 6 minute typing game that tests your typing ability. Words are randomly chosen from a dictionary of over 70,000. You must try to type the words as quickly and accurately as you can!
Happy 2012! I’m working on some big improvements to Fingerjig. They’re going to take a while because I have to use my spare time to work on this project. If you have any ideas for features then drop me an email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’ve played and enjoyed Fingerjig then perhaps you could send me a postcard? I’d appreciate it and it would be really cool to hear from you, wherever you may be (include your email address if you like so that I can get back to you):
- Typing fast will rack up points but keep an eye on how many mistakes you’re making.
- Try to improve your net words per minute by making fewer typing mistakes – experiment with typing a bit slower.
- Touch typing is much faster than hunting and pecking!
- Taking a moment to read each word can help reduce typing mistakes.
- Say each letter in your head as you type it to improve your accuracy for long words.
- Use a keyboard you feel comfortable with. I particularly like the Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000.
- Practise! You may also find that since the words are picked randomly some selections will suit you better than others.
- Remember to take a break now and then to avoid repetitive strain injury.
If you’re having problems playing Fingerjig then please try the following: